📌Important Tips for Cleaning and Maintaining Your Jug💡🪛⚙️
1. Blender Jug Hygiene
You must always clean your high-speed blender jug after use to ensure hygiene and preserve the longevity of your Optimum blender. Leaving food in the jug can lead to bacterial growth and staining of the jug shell. Bacteria and residual food acids can also harm the seals and shaft of the blade.
2. Hand Washing Only
We recommend hand washing the jug and lid. Do not place your jugs in the dishwasher or fully submerge jugs in water, as this will harm the blade assembly components and bearings.
3. Keeping the Base Dry
The underside of the jug set (where it meets the blender base) must remain dry at all times to protect the blade assembly and blender motor.
🧽Blender Jug Cleaning Instructions
1. Rinse and Soap:
After each use, rinse the jug thoroughly with warm water (not hot) right away. Add one to two drops of dish soap and fill the jug halfway with warm water. Then secure the lid in place.
Start the blender on FAST speed and run for 10-60 seconds, depending on the thickness and stickiness of the contents blended.
3. Rinse and Air Dry
Pour out the contents, rinse the jug thoroughly, and then turn it upside down to air dry making sure that the cog surrounds is dry.
4. Check the Base Of The Jug
After cleaning the jug, check the base of the jug where the cog is (the part connecting the blade to the blender motor). If it has been wet during the cleaning process, dry it thoroughly with a towel to avoid water damage to the bearing.
🎥Here are several videos demonstrating the process of cleaning blenders for different models
Cleaning the 2023 Productreview Award Winner Optimum G2.6 high-speed blender jug: https://youtube.com/shorts/vgMTC31uGNk
Cleaning the jug of the commercial blender Optimum 9400X
How to clean the Thermocook Pro M 2.0 bowl:
🧽Blender Motor Base Cleaning Instructions
1. Unplug the blender from the power source.
2. Using a soft, damp cloth, wipe the surface of the blender base. If needed, you can use a mild detergent to remove dried food particles.
3. Thoroughly dry the blender base with a dry soft cloth.
🧽Cushion Pad Cleaning Instructions
1. Remove the cushion pad from the base.
2. Wipe the cushion pad with a mild detergent and damp cloth. If necessary, you can submerge this section into a sink.
3. After cleaning, towel dry the cushion pad.
4. Clean the top of the blender base under the cushion pad as any liquid or food residue left on the base can be drawn into the motor, causing significant damage.
5. Put the cushion pad back on top of the blender using the opposite method from above.
☝️Remember: Proper cleaning and maintenance of your blender will ensure safe, sanitary, and efficient blending for years to come.
📅Monthly Deep Clean
The minerals from fruits produce, and leafy greens can cause a film on your jug.
The best way to get it clean is by:
- Pouring one cup of white vinegar into the jug and filling it half-full with warm water.
- Let the jug soak in an upright, standing position for up to 12 hours
- Pour the contents out and use a soft pot scrubber (do not use a harsh/high abrasive scrubber as this could cause the jug to go cloudy) to clean the inside of the jug.
Be careful while cleaning around the blade assembly as the blades are sharp.
Deep Clean Option #1 for your Optimum high-speed blender jugs
- Warm to hot tap water
- 1 Tablespoon of apple cider
- One drop of detergent
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- Fill the jug halfway with warm water and add apple cider, detergent, and baking soda. Blend on High for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour out the mixture, then rinse and wipe down the jug with a paper towel.
- Refill the jug with warm water and add two cups of White Vinegar.
- Allow it to soak for 3-4 hours).
- After soaking, wash out the jug and wipe it down with a paper towel.
Notes: It may take a few cycles of deep cleansing to completely remove the film if not done regularly.
Deep Clean Option #2 for your Optimum high-speed blender jugs
- 2 cups of warm water
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt rocks (course)
- Place all the ingredients into the blender.
- Blend the ingredients for 5-6 minutes until they reach a steaming temperature.
- Pour out the mixture and rinse the blender.
- Wipe down the blender with a paper towel.
Notes: If not done regularly, this method may require a few cycles of deep cleansing to completely remove any film buildup.
Deep Clean Option #3 for your Optimum high-speed blender jugs
- 4 cups of cool water
- 4 cups of white vinegar
Pour both liquids into the container and let it soak for 4 hours. Once done, thoroughly rinse out the container and dry it using a paper towel.
For a more thorough clean, follow these steps on a monthly basis or as required:
Mix 4 cups of cool water and 4 cups of white vinegar in the jug. Allow it to soak for approximately four hours. Empty the contents and rinse the jug thoroughly. Then, proceed with the cleaning instructions provided above.
Please be aware that for stubborn stains like Turmeric or Cloves, it's advisable to soak the jug in undiluted white vinegar just above the affected area for 12 hours.
🔎Regular Blade Assembly Check
Depending on the frequency of blender use, check the blade bearings regularly. Follow these steps:
1. Blade Assembly Bearing Check
Turn the jug upside down and manually turn the cog by hand. Check for any friction or unusual noises.
2. Brown Residue or Dust on Base
If you notice any signs of brown residue or accumulation of dust on the blender's base, please contact us immediately.
3. Signs of Wear
Look for signs such as blades not turning smoothly, a noisy blending process, or a leaking jug.
4. Inspecting Blade Assembly
Check the blade assembly for any dents or damage that might affect its performance.
Here is a video demonstrating the blade assembly checking process: https://youtu.be/CHZSpPKG2HU
For more information on how the blade bearing can deteriorate, please refer to this section.
🔎Regular Drive Socket Check
Inspect your drive socket's condition approximately every 2-3 months to confirm the sharpness of its 'teeth'. If you notice any of the following issues: cracking, worn teeth, or grooves, consider replacing the drive socket.
Premature wear of the drive socket is caused by the subsequent factors:
- A blade assembly that has experienced wear.
- Placing the container on the drive socket while it's still spinning.
- Remove the jug from the base before the motor has come to a full stop.
- Tipping or tilting the container during blending.
- Introducing foreign objects into the container.
- Operating the machine without the centring pad.
- Using jugs or other parts not from Optimum.
A slight wobble of the drive socket is normal. For more information about this see here.
If you encounter any of the above, please contact us for assistance. It is important to address this issue promptly to prevent any potential damage and ensure optimal performance.
Your blender will serve you well with proper care and maintenance.
These cleaning and maintenance instructions are crucial to ensure the proper functioning and longevity of your Optimum blender. Failure to follow these guidelines may void the warranty, and further damage can occur to the entire blender.
For any questions or concerns about cleaning or using your blender, please contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your satisfaction and the blender's performance are our utmost priorities, and we are here to assist you every step of the way.
Froothie - Your Partner in Healthy Living
🛒Where can I purchase a new jug?
Our website offers replacement jugs tailored to your specific high-speed blender model. Regardless of the model you own – whether it's our best blender, the Optimum 9200A, the award-winning commercial blender Optimum 9400X as recognized by ETM Test magazine, our vacuum blender, the Froothie Evolve, or any of our other high-speed or portable blenders – you will find the perfect jug replacement.
Please click on this link to access our website's assortment of blender accessories to find the replacement jug for your particular blender model. Once there, you may use the search bar to look for your specific blender model to select the replacement jug that will work best for you.
Please feel free to get in touch with our customer service staff if you have any more queries or need help deciding which replacement jug is best for your blender. We're here to make the most of your mixing experience for you!
🛒Do you offer smaller jug sets as well?
Absolutely! We offer smaller jug sets for certain models, including the Optimum 8200 and 9200A. You can find the Optimum 9200A small 900ml jug set here: https://froothie.eu/collections/blenders-accessories/products/optimum-9200a-small-jug-with-tamper.
Additionally, we provide a 1-litre jug for the G2.6 blenders, available here: https://froothie.eu/collections/blenders-accessories/products/g2-6-1-lt-jug.
Keep in mind that for most models, you can also blend smaller quantities by ensuring the blades are covered by about 1cm. This allows you to customise your blending experience based on your needs.
🛒Where can I purchase a new blade assembly?
For your specific high-speed blender model, our website provides replacement blade assemblies and blade replacement tools. You can find the ideal blade assembly and replacement tool for any of our high-speed or portable blenders, including the 2023 Productreview Award Winner the Optimum 9200A, the Optimum 9400X, which won an award from ETM Test magazine, our vacuum blender, the Froothie Evolve and many more.
Please click this link to view our selection of blender accessories and choose the best replacement blade assembly and blade replacement tool for your specific blender model. Once on the page, you may use the search box to find the replacement components that are right for your exact blender model.
🪛⚙️How can I replace the blender blade assembly?
Kindly be aware that the instructions may vary based on the specific model of your blender.
Here is a video to help you change the blade assembly of your high-speed blender with the blade removal tool:
Please note that the G2.6 / 9400A blades can be removed by clockwise turning. All others can be removed by turning anti-clockwise.
Here is a video showing how to replace the blade assembly of your Thermocook Pro M 2.0 https://youtu.be/yq7MdKMjANE
🛒Where can I get a blade removal tool from?
You can easily get a blade removal tool from our online store. Visit this link to explore our selection of blender accessories. You'll find the blade removal tool along with other useful accessories to enhance your blending experience.
🤔The drive socket on my smoothie blender is wobbling or loose. What should I do?
A slight wobble is normal for high-speed blenders to ensure the longevity of the drive socket. Due to the high speed, if there isn’t room for a slight movement between the blade shaft and the drive socket, they will wear faster from increased vibration. This slight wobble will not impact the performance of the blender in any way 🙂
If the drive socket feels excessively loose, please reach out to us for assistance.
More detailed explanation: In regard to the blender jug set wobbles when on base, this is normal in all professional blenders like Vitamix or Blendtec for example and is expected for the jug to be loose on the base, the jug will always have a little wiggle room when sitting on the base, and it is for a very important reason.
The blade assembly in the jug contains gears that allow the blade to spin. The blender motor also has gears that are contained in the drive socket, where the jug connects to the base. In order for the motor to spin the blade around, these 2 sets of gears have to match up exactly.
The reason why the jug feels a bit loose is so that the 2 sets of gears find each other when the blender starts, and allow the blade to spin.
If the jug sat completely rigid on the base with no play at all, you would have much more vibration and undue force on the coupling.
The jug’s play also allows the blade to spin freely during use, and this is very important because if you turn off your blender before it has finished running, the blades will continue to rotate after they have been disengaged from the gears. This free movement of the blades helps avoid strain on them and protects their integrity over time.
🪛⚙️How can I replace the drive socket?
Welcome to our guide on replacing the drive socket of your blender! In this step-by-step tutorial, we will walk you through the process of safely and effectively replacing the drive socket in your blender. Whether you're a seasoned blender enthusiast or new to blender maintenance, our instructions will make the replacement process easy and straightforward. Let's get started on ensuring your blender continues to perform at its best.
🪛Here is how to replace the drive socket on your Optimum 8200 or 9200A high-speed blender
- Unplug your Optimum 9200A from the power.
- Locate the cushion pad on top of the machine and remove it.
- Locate the plug on the blender top, just below the drive socket and carefully remove it.
- With the hole at eye level, turn the drive socket by hand (this will not cause damage to the motor) until you can see the Phillips head screw through the hole.
- Insert a small Phillips head screwdriver into the hole (Small/PH1 screwdriver) and turn counterclockwise (anti-clockwise) for 4-5 full rotations. You can use your other hand to check after each turn if the drive socket will come off freely by gently trying to lift it off.
Please note: undoing the screw too far may have the screw fall out into the blender, please ensure care is taken to avoid this from occurring.
- Gently pull the drive socket up off the motor shaft.
- Inspect the drive socket, and ensure the plastic socket still has a square shape to match the motor shaft.
- If this is not the case the drive socket has been stripped out and requires replacement.
- Check that top of the motor is free of debris and identify the hole for the screw to go back into.
- Place the replacement drive socket, if required back onto the blender as pictured. Ensure the screw lines up with both the hole in the side of the blender casing and the locating hole in the motor shaft.
- Push the drive socket down firmly and tighten the screw back up firmly.
- Put the protective plug back into the screw hole.
- Place the cushion pad back on the blender, ensuring the “FRONT” is located at the front of the blender. Please ensure the cushion pad is firmly fastened down in all places including around the drive socket, if not secured firmly the drive socket may rub on the cushion pad can cause smoke and damage to both the drive socket and the cushion pad.
Here is a video showing the whole process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaequ7_dsUE
IMPORTANT: Please note some drive sockets have the screw on the top and not on the side.
🪛Drive Socket Replacement instructions for the Optimum 9400X commercial high-speed blender
Here are the steps to replace the drive socket on your 9400X blender:
- If you are using the 9400X commercial blender with a sound cover, remove the sound cover first.
- Use a small flat-head screwdriver to remove the black silicone from the drive socket's top, sitting above the screw.
- Hold the drive socket with one hand and use the other to untighten the screw using a cross-head screwdriver. You can either hold the screwdriver steady and turn the drive socket clockwise or hold the drive socket steady and turn the screwdriver counterclockwise.
- Once the screw is untightened, remove both the drive socket and the screw.
- Take the new drive socket and align its two holes with the two pins on the motor base. Place the drive socket onto the base and slowly turn it until it's properly seated.
- Secure the screw using a cross-head screwdriver.
- Attach the sound cover if it was removed.
- Following these steps will help you successfully replace the drive socket in your blender. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support team.
Here is a video showing the full process: https://youtu.be/PmlWvSCpwrg
🤔My jug appears cloudy or scratched - What should I do?
Scratches are a common issue in any high-speed blender, regardless of the brand, and are a natural form of wear and tear. The scratches that you may find in your jug in no way affect the quality, safety or performance of your Optimum blender.
You will notice that most of our blenders utilise BPA-free plastic in the jug component as the hard plastic of our Tritan-based containers have a significantly higher elasticity and therefore offers a balancing effect on the forces that act on the surface at speeds of up to 30,000 rpm. If the container were made of glass, the glass would shatter when more robust ingredients are blended due to its inability to balance the forces that occur during high-speed mixing. (With that said however, Froothie has worked over a number of years with technicians and engineers to come up with the Froothie Evolve which does indeed feature a glass jug — this has taken us years of research and is made with the highest quality tempered/hardened glass which can handle even the toughest of ingredients. It also comes with a Vacuum and Heating Function, so do have a look at the following link if you are interested in a glass blender).
Ingredients such as nuts, beans and grains can leave micro-scratches in the plastic, which can make the blender jug appear cloudy over time. By taking good care of your blender and cleaning it properly, the signs of wear can be kept within bounds, but can never be completely avoided. Do note that ingredients such as Egg Shells that contain Calcium Carbonate also often cause scratches on a variety of different surfaces!
Take for example a glass surface that comes into contact with sand — it is almost impossible to avoid scratches from forming on the glass, but the scratches in no way affect the integrity or strength of the glass. Similarly, your blender jug may end up looking less than pristine over years of usage, but we assure you that this does not affect the functionality, safety or performance of your Optimum blender.
🤔My blade assembly has surface tarnishing, has an orange patch or has gone dull, I thought it was stainless steel.
Your blade assembly is definitely Stainless Steel (Grade 304 to be exact). Stainless Steel is actually the name of the Alloy the material is made of, it merely resists tarnishing, corrosion and rust. Despite its name, it is not fully stain-proof. A surface buildup can occur with stainless steel and often you can soak the blades for 24 hours by pouring undiluted (neat) white vinegar into the jug, just covering the blade assembly and then following the normal jug cleaning process outlined here.
💡What could be the reasons behind the deterioration of my blender blade?
Blade bearing issues can cause problems with the base if left for a long period of time.
There are a few ways damage to the bearings can occur:
- If the bottom of the jug gets wet at any time this can cause the seals in the blade assembly to deteriorate and seize over time.
This includes if the jug sits in a sink of water after being cleaned. The only way we recommend cleaning is to half-fill the jug with water and add 1 drop of detergent and then blend for 20 seconds. Rinse and repeat if necessary.
- If the jug is put in the fridge, this too can cause the blade assembly to deteriorate as well as causing the jug to become brittle, this is not recommended.
- If the blender is next to a hot surface and any steam comes in contact with the underside of the jug. This is less likely but a thought to keep in mind if the blender is kept next to the stove.
- We have also seen customers who are blending with the jug on the base and then wiggle and tilt the jug from side to side during operation. This puts extra stress on the blade assembly and can cause the seals to wear prematurely.
- Also once the blender has been switched off after a blend please allow up to 5 seconds for the blades to stop spinning before removing the jug. The blades need to come to a complete stop before being removed from the base.
- Do not hit the container against any surface to free contents, as it may cause damage to the container or centring pad.
- Do not shake or rattle the machine or container while in use, as this can cause damage to the blade assembly and the 'teeth' on the drive socket.
- Using parts or products not approved by Optimum
- Blending gritty products like sand
- The bearings may also fail if the jug has been overloaded with ingredients that are not freely turning while blending, over-blending creates overheating which will also cause damage to the bearings, high temperatures can cause grease in the bearings to purge oil, which reduces the lubricant’s efficiency. In elevated temperature conditions, oxidation can lead to the loss of lubricating oils from the grease, higher temperatures also reduce the hardness of the metal, causing early failure.
For more information on how to avoid overloading please see here.
😮I left something I shouldn’t have in the blender and damaged the blade assembly
The blade assemblies are fully replaceable in the jugs, you can order one from Froothie and replace it yourself without having to buy a whole new jug.
🤔Help, my blender is not working
It sounds like the blender's protection circuitry may have kicked in and will now need resetting. To do so please turn the blender off and unplug it from the wall. Then turn the base over and press the overload switch, this will be red, black or white depending on which model you have. Then turn the base over, plug it back in and power it on.
Before trying the blender again please also check the bearings. If any of these issues come up, please let us know and do not use the blender again until we ask for another test to be conducted or have sorted the issue.
What else could make the blender overheat? For more information please read this:
🤔My blender is not working My blender stopped working halfway through blending.
Your blender may have overheated, when blending thick contents (dates, making nut butter) the machine must be used on the highest setting FAST. Allow the machine to cool for 30-45 minutes before turning it back on, please also check the overload switch on the base has not activated.
For more information please read this:
🤔During blending, the contents do not appear to be moving!
The jug may be overloaded or may have trapped an air bubble. You can carefully remove the lid plug (insert) and use the tamper tool. If the food still does not circulate, try adding more liquid or reducing the quantity in the jug.
For more information please read this:
💡How can I prevent my machine from overheating?
For the first few uses, there can always be a slight burning smell, this is from the lubricants used in the manufacturing process. The smell wears off after a few uses and the lubricants wear off after 20-50 cycles.
If you have been using the blender for a long time and you experience a burning smell, that means the blender is overheating. The common cause is overworking the blender by overloading the jug or blending at the wrong speed.. When you run the blender motor at low or high speeds over an extended period of time it will become overworked. Heat builds up resulting in the burning smell.
To prevent your blender from overheating please read through the below tips carefully:
✅Use the Tamper Effectively
Optimum blenders come with a tamper tool specifically designed to help improve the flow of food in your blender and to remove air pockets.
If the ingredients are not freely circulating, the tamper needs to be used to improve the flow of food. Whilst the machine is running and the lid is firmly in place, insert the tamper through the lid plug opening and hold it in one of the corners of the jug and the tamper will direct the food straight onto the blades. If there is an air pocket around the blade, the tamper will release the air pocket and create a continuous flow of food through the blades.
⚡️🚀Check Your Speed
Optimum blenders work best at a high speed to pulverise food and process thick mixtures, we do not recommend blending thick contents at low speed as it will cause the blender to overload and the overload switch may activate. High speeds not only blend thick contents easier, they generate less heat and drive the fan harder which helps dissipate more heat.
However, running your blender at high speed for too long will overwork your motor, and your Optimum will start to heat up, producing an electrical smell. This might happen when producing nut butter. To avoid this please follow all the tips outlined here.
🗒️Check Your Recipes and Quantities
Every blender jug has a ‘Max Line’ indicating the maximum level you should add your ingredients. Anything above the line is overloading and could cause overheating.
Please note: when blending thick/frozen ingredients such as nut butter or frozen fruits, fewer ingredients should be added.
For best results please follow an optimum recipe or one designed for our high-speed blenders until you have a good grasp of quantities and methods. It is important to note that some ingredients will require different methods and preparation depending on varietal differences or freshness and quality.
Processing cooked potatoes, cooked rice or cooked beans creates a heavier-than-normal load on the machine. You may want to consider reducing the food quantity placed in the jug by half depending on how much food you started with and adding a bit of liquid.
We also advise you to be careful when blending big chunks of frozen fruit or veggies such as frozen acai blocks, frozen spinach blocks and similar.
Let them thaw for a few minutes and break them into a few smaller pieces to avoid the ingredients getting trapped between the blades preventing the blades working.
Always start with the liquid ingredients first (water, juice), followed by softer ingredients (tofu, yoghurt), then juicy fruits and vegetables (grapes, cucumbers), firmer fruits and vegetables (apples, carrots), frozen ingredients (frozen berries) and finally ice.
⛔💨Avoid Air Pockets
Air pockets can be caused when adding leafy ingredients on the base of the jug and preventing the blades from normal functioning. This will cause the blender to produce a burning smell due to overheating. Layering ingredients and using the tamper tool can prevent this from happening.
Another important reminder:
Avoid tilting the jug or removing the jug from the base while the blender is still running at high speed as this can cause damage to the blades and the drive socket.
🤔The jug contents are stuck to the side and not blending!
Switch off the blender, remove the lid plug and insert the tamper tool. Move the tamper at an angle to push the food down off the jug sides. Adding more liquid can also assist with a better blend. You can also use the tamper while you are blending to push the contents into the blades and for a more efficient blend.
🤔My blender is emitting a strong electrical smell.
For the first few uses there is always a slight burning smell, this is from the lubricants used in the manufacturing process. The smell wears off after a few uses and the lubricants wear off after 20-50 cycles.
Also, sometimes when the blender is under high load with very thick contents or used for a long period like when making soups, the smell may return and due to heat saturation of the motor but will also reduce over time.
This is typical with all high-speed blenders and is nothing to be worried about.
If the smell persists after this time frame, or you have further concerns, please feel free to contact us.
That smell has come back again!
When the blender is under high loads with thick contents or used for a long period the smell may return. This is due to heat saturation of the motor but will also reduce over time. This is typical with all high-speed blenders and nothing to be concerned about.
For more information please read this:
Smoke is coming from my blender! What should I do?
Here is a video that explains what needs to be checked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnRUIKH8Zus
If this doesn't apply in your case, please feel free to contact our support team for further assistance.